Zilker Metropolitan Park is one of the most popular parks in Austin, Texas. Spanning over 350 acres, the park is home to various attractions, including the Zilker Botanical Garden, the Austin Nature, and Science Center, the Umlauf Sculpture Garden, and the Zilker Hillside Theater. The park also features several sports facilities, including a golf course, tennis courts, and a swimming pool. Learn more here.
In addition to its many recreational facilities, Zilker Metropolitan Park is also home to several historical landmarks. The Zilker House, for example, is a Victorian-style home built in the late 19th century. The Zilker Park Bandstand is a popular spot for live music performances. Learn more about Reasons Why You Should Visit The Cathedral of Junk in Austin.
Zilker Metropolitan Park is one of the most popular parks in Austin, Texas. Here are 10 things you didn’t know about this 350-acre park.
1. Zilker Metropolitan Park is named after Andrew Zilker, who donated the land for the park in 1917.
2. The park is home to several historical landmarks, including the Zilker House and the Zilker Park Bandstand.
3. The park spans over 350 acres and features a variety of recreational facilities, including a golf course, tennis courts, and a swimming pool.
4. The Zilker Botanical Garden is one of the most popular attractions at the park. Spanning over 30 acres, the garden is home to various native and exotic plants.
5. The Austin Nature and Science Center is another popular attraction at Zilker Metropolitan Park. The center features a variety of interactive exhibits, including a butterfly garden and a dinosaur exhibit.